Here are eight things to know about VGM？
- Categories: Industry Encyclopedia
- Time of issue: 2023-05-05 15:57:21
- Views: 314
Exit note, here are eight things you must know about VGM
1. All export cargo containers are required to declare VGM information according to law. In addition to empty SOC boxes provided by customers, SOC boxes with residue are also required to provide VGM information.
2. After the VGM information is submitted successfully, you can inquire on the official website of the shipping company and enter the container number or booking code. If the modification is to be made before the VGM deadline, the shipping company will take the last data submitted before the deadline as the final one.
3. After the container under a booking number is deleted, its corresponding VGM information will also be deleted, and the customer needs to submit the VGM of the container under the new booking number. If the customer applies to change ship, there is no need to mention VGM again for the cargo container that has already sent VGM information.
4. According to customs regulations, the goods of the same order must be imported and exported at the same time. If one container fails to submit VGM information, all the containers of the goods of the same order cannot be exported (if some containers have been loaded on board, they must be pulled down for COV transshipment, which will cost a lot).
5. If a trailer is used to weigh two 20DC tanks together, the wharf and shipping company do not allow the total weight of VGM to be divided by 2. For example, if one 20DC is loaded with steel coil and the other is loaded with plastic products, the average data divided by 2 will seriously deviate from the reality.
6. If VGM containers are not submitted in time, the dock will refuse to accept the heavy container or refuse to ship. As the relevant containers may be scheduled for another shipment, the delivery of the goods may be delayed and additional costs may be incurred. If the container must be removed from the terminal in order to obtain the VGM data, the shipper, as the responsible party for the submission of the VGM data, shall be responsible for the costs of container removal and consignment.
7. If there are multiple VGMS at the time of entering the gate, they will be adopted in the following order: (1) the VGMS obtained from wharf weighing will be used first; (2) If there is no weighing, EDI transmission of VGM is adopted; (3) If there is neither weighing nor EDI, VGM on the transport document shall be adopted.
8. The weight in VGM is the gross weight of the goods plus the tare weight of the container, as well as the weight of the reinforced protective materials that may be used in the container. The gross weight of the goods, i.e. the net weight of the goods and the total weight of the necessary packages, is provided in the bill of lading supplement. Therefore, the shipping company, the dock and the customs will not require that the weight in the VGM must be consistent with the gross weight of the goods in the bill of lading/customs declaration, and the information of VGM will not be shown on the bill of lading. The weight of the goods in the replenished materials in the bill of lading will still prevail.
Links： Huijietong Freight China Import and Export Trade FBA head International Freight International express transportation
Scan code contact
Address: Luohu Street, Chunfeng Road, Luohu District, Shenzhen, Guangdong Province
Room 2705-2707, Block A, Lushan Building
Zhongshan Address: Room 805, Floor 8 , Poly Plaza office Building, No. 1 Shiji East Road, Port Town, Zhongshan, Guangdong
Changsha Address: 12020, Building 2, Fudi Xingguang Tiandi, Yuhua District, Changsha .,Hunan